Delightful Red Cake To Make A Very Contented Heart
June 21, 2013
I simply love the flavor of baking. The hint of fresh ingredients craftily shaped into a luscious red velvet cake recipe and creating an aroma of home made goodness. Occasionally you just wish to stay at home and forget the cares of the planet, be with your dear family, perhaps have some good friends over and just have a grand time lounging around, shooting the breeze. As you grow older, the chit speaking lessens as the more ‘important ‘ things in life, such as career and finances, take a front seat. But actually, the word vital is subjective. Would you not sacrifice a blooming career in favor of good health? Naturally, the career might take care of your fitness expenses, but then it might also kill you. So consider what is actually significant in life while you bake this Red Velvet Cake Recipe from scratch.
- 3 large spoons of red food colourising
- 1/4 cup of cocoa
- 1/2 cup of palm oil
- 1-1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of full cow’s milk
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 small spoon of salt
?- 1 teaspoon of cherry or strawberry extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Grease and gently flour a round baking pan.
- Pre-set the stove to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend the food dye and cocoa then put aside.
?- Cream the oil and the sugar in a giant mixer bowl.
- Add the eggs and cocoa blend and beat until fluffy.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients: milk, flour, salt, baking powder and cherry or strawberry extract.
?- Mix completely with a hand mixer set on medium speed.
- Pour and benefit from the baking pan.
- Heat for approximately 30 minutes or until the cake springs back when gently touched.
The Red Velvet Cake Icing
3 big spoons of flour
1 cup of milk
1 stick of dropped Butter
3 big spoons of palm oil
1 cup of confectioner’s sugar
1 little spoon of cherry or strawberry flavor extract
- Cook flour and milk until thick.
- Put aside to chill.
- Cream the butter and the oil and beat until fluffy.
- Add the sugar and continue to beat.
- Add either cherry flavor or strawberry extract (synchronize the flavour with the cake) and beat well.
?- Add the cooled flour mixture.
- Continue to whisk till you get a creamy consistency and all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Spread evenly on the cooled cake.
Sophie Betts keenness for cakes and cake recipe’s can be found on Cake Recipe Secrets.
Sophie’s latest creation is this red velvet cake recipefrom scratch.